At Concord Direct, we’re more than just a company — we’re a community. Every one of our employees is an invaluable part of the big picture, and we work together to make a difference in our neighborhoods and around the world. That’s why being distinguished with the prestigious Great Place to Work certification makes us ecstatic! This recognition reflects our commitment to both our employees and our mission of empowering nonprofits to drive meaningful change.
Originally founded in 1958 as a New Hampshire-based print shop, things look a little different at Concord Direct these days. Now, our diverse team includes individuals from all across the United States, bridging the gap between our enduring physical presence in Concord, New Hampshire and remote collaboration. Our services have expanded, too. As an agency partner, we offer a suite of fundraising, marketing, creative, and production services to grow, retain, and engage audiences for nonprofit organizations.
Our values have evolved over the years, too. Today, our team thrives on bringing innovation, collaboration, community, curiosity, commitment, and integrity in our work culture as well as our client relationships. By leveraging the collective intelligence and contributions of our team, we are able to challenge each other and produce the best possible results for clients — always ethically, and always honestly.
That commitment to fairness, equity, and inclusivity is apparent in our Great Place to Work survey results. Based on employee responses, Concord Direct received an exceptional score of 95 in ensuring fair treatment regardless of social identity! We’re thrilled that the values we advertise as a company are accurately reflected in our work and our actions.
What else makes Concord Direct a remarkable place to work? It’s our dedication to going beyond business as usual:
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO): Each team member receives sixteen hours of paid time off annually to contribute to a nonprofit of their choice, reinforcing our commitment-to-community involvement.
- Recognition and Swag: Our culture is bolstered by peer-to-peer recognition, with colleagues publicly expressing appreciation for one another’s contributions. This practice not only fosters a supportive environment but also allows employees to share and earn points redeemable for cool swag and other gifts.
- Employee-Focused Culture: We recognize that every employee has priorities and challenges outside of work, and when we can support them, we do. For example, after a colleague received a devastating diagnosis of ALS, we rallied together with a month-long Concord Cares Challenge to raise money for the ALS Association. It culminated with a chance to dunk our executives in a dunk tank!
- Giving Back: Our dedication extends to our local communities, where we support food banks, animal sanctuaries, and youth-focused community groups, just to name a few. Volunteer days and coordinated events are ways we encourage and support employee involvement in local communities.
- Industry Involvement: Our commitment to industry trade groups means we’re frequently sponsoring events, sending our own subject matter experts to share and gather insights, and attending industry events throughout the U.S.
As we celebrate being recognized as a Great Place to Work, we extend our gratitude to our incredible team members whose dedication drives our success. We also invite you to learn more about our commitment to excellence, our commitment to DEI, our mission, and the values that make Concord Direct a standout workplace and partner in philanthropy. Together, we’re redefining what it means to be a Great Place to Work.
About Great Place To Work®
Great Place To Work® has a 30-year history of surveying global employees to assess workplace experiences, utilizing a Trust Index™ survey that measures key behaviors fostering trust, connections, and loyalty. Employees confidentially share quantitative and qualitative feedback on organizational culture through 60 statements and open-ended questions, covering aspects like leadership accessibility, fairness, personal development support, and sense of purpose. Survey responses are analyzed for consistency across demographics, roles, and relevance. The best companies prioritize positive experiences for all employees, taking into account diverse demographics.